All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £13.77Trending at £19.47
- £21.69Trending at £28.00
- £31.44Trending at £50.84
- £11.27Trending at £18.08
- £12.36Trending at £20.08
- £9.80Trending at £16.57
- £9.20Trending at £13.04
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a historical and cultural analysis of the late Ottoman period and Republican Turkey, this book collects Serif Mardin's seminal essays written throughout the span of his prolific career. These essays deal with the historical background, political travails, and socioeconomic metamorphosis of Turkey during a century of modernization.
- Author BiographySerif Mardin served as the chair of Islamic studies in the School of International Service at the American University in Washington, D.C., for more than a decade. He is the author of The Genesis of Young Ottoman Thought (also published by Syracuse University Press), Religion and Social Change in Modern Turkey, and editor of Cultural Transition in the Middle East.
- Author(s)S. Mardin
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleModern Intellectual and Political History of the Middle East
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Noteindex
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.