All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £110.43
- £97.58Trending at £124.99
- £11.41Trending at £11.86
- £12.46Trending at £13.46
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £8.73Trending at £11.98
- £26.13Trending at £36.00
About this product
- Author(s)Professor Stephen Hunt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2015
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight1718 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Preface; Introduction. Part I Discourses and Discontents: The centrality of marriage: homosexuality and the Roman Catholic argument, James P. Hanigan; Homosexuality and the construction of 'Anglican Orthodoxy': the symbolic politics of the Anglican Communion, Christopher Craig Brittain and Andrew McKinnon; Towards a queer dharmology of sex, Roger Corless; The politics of counter-rejection: gay Christians and the church, Andrew K.T. Yip; Doing queer theology in The Garden: Derek Jarman and Christianity, Stephen Carr. Part II Managing the Queer Self in Conventional Christianity: 'Abomination' - life as a Bible Belt gay, Bernadette Barton; Negotiating a religious identity: the case of the gay Evangelical, Scott Thumma; 'Fag church': men who integrate gay and Christian identities, Gerald Walton; 'The priest obviously doesn't know that I'm gay': the religious and spiritual journeys of Latino gay men, Dalia I. Garcia, Jennifer Gray-Stanley and Jesus Ramirez-Valles; Homophobia, hypermasculinity and the US black church, Elijah G. Ward; The gift (?) that dare not speak its name: exploring the influence of sexuality on the professional performances of gay male Anglican clergy, Michael Keenan; Identities within identities: queering the priestly woman, Gayle R. Baldwin. Part III Managing the Queer Self in Judaism and Islam: Being gay and Jewish: negotiating intersecting identities, Randal F. Schnoor; Between 'being' and 'doing': conflict and coherence in the identity formation of gay and lesbian Orthodox Jews, Tova Hartman Halbertal with Irit Koren; Bridging the divide: integrating lesbian identity and Orthodox Judaism, Judith M. Glassgold; The quest for intimate/sexual citizenship: lived experiences of lesbian and bisexual Muslim women, Andrew Kam-Tuck Yip; 'I don't want to taint the name of Islam': the influence of religion on the lives of Muslim lesbians, Asifa Siraj; Between religion and desire: being Muslim and gay in Indonesia, Tom Boellstorff; 'Out to get us': queer Muslims and the clash of sexual civilisations in Australia, Ibrahim Abraham. Part IV LGBTQ Affirming Environments: The homosexual subculture at worship: a participant observation study, Paul F. Bauer; 'The inherent worth and dignity': gay Unitarians and the birth of sexual tolerance in liberal religion, Mark Oppenheimer; The homosexual church: an ecclesiastical extension of a subculture, Ronald M. Enroth; Observations on the corporate culture of a gay and lesbian congregation, W. Bernard Lukenbill; Gay and lesbian Christians: homosexual and religious identity integration in the members and participants of a gay-positive church, Eric M. Rodriguez and Suzanne C. Ouellette; Identity experience among progressive gay Muslims in North America: a qualitative study within Al-Fatiha, Omar Minwalla, B.R. Simon Rosser, Jamie Feldman and Christine Varga; A new generation of lesbian Jewish activism, Rebecca E. Margolis. Part V 'Fringe' Religiosity: Calamus in Bolton: spirituality and homosexual desire in late Victorian England, Harry Cocks; Queering the Dragonfest: changing sexualities in a post-patriarchal religion, Mary Jo Neitz; When Pan met Wendy: gendered membership debates among the radical faeries, John A. Stover; New Age spiritualities: Findhorn and the sexual self, Kath Browne with Elizabeth Dinnie; Angels and the dragon king's daughter: gender, sexuality in Western Buddhist new religious movements, Sally R. Munt and Sharon E. Smith; Is it meaningful to speak of 'queer spirituality'? An examination of queer and LGBT imagery and themes in contemporary Paganism and Christianity, Yvonne Aburrow. Part VI Spiritual Paths: Queer theologies as transgressive metaphors: new paradigms for hybrid sexual theologies, Robert E. Goss; A queer kind of faith: religion and spirituality in lesbian, gay and bisexual New Zealanders, Mark Henrickson; When Sheila's a lesbian: religious individualism among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Christians, Melissa M. Wilcox; Queering th
- Author BiographyStephen Hunt is Associate Professor in Sociology at the University of the West of England, UK.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.