Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.26Trending at £9.53
- £13.78Trending at £14.12
- £28.54Trending at £30.26
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe latter part of the twentieth century saw an explosion of new media that effected profound changes in human categories of communication. At the same time, a return to religion occurred on a global scale. The twenty-five contributors to this volume-including Jacques Derrida, Jean-Luc Nancy, Talal Asad, and James Siegel-confront the conceptual, analytical, and empirical difficulties involved in addressing the complex relationship between religion and media.
- Author BiographyHent de Vries holds the Chair of Metaphysics and its History in the Department of Philosophy of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Amsterdam, and is Professor of Modern European Thought in the Humanities Center of the School of Arts and Sciences at The Johns Hopkins University.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2001
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleCultural Memory in the Present
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHent de Vries,Samuel Weber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.