All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £4.60Trending at £6.12
- £12.06Trending at £12.25
About this product
- DescriptionA student introduction to the systems of meaning, structure, and belonging that make up the complex social phenomena of religion.
- Author BiographyKeith A. Roberts is Emeritus Professor of Sociology at Hanover College, a private liberal arts college of about 1,100 students in Indiana. He has taught introductory sociology for 35 years with a passion for active learning strategies and a focus on deep learning by students that transforms the way they see the world. Prior to teaching at Hanover, he taught at a 2-year regional campus of a large university. He has been active in the teaching movement, writing on teaching and serving as a consultant to sociology departments across the country in his capacity as a member of the American Sociological Association Departmental Resources Group. He has written a very popular textbook in the sociology of religion, has coauthored a book on writing in the undergraduate curriculum, has published and led many workshops on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, and for 22 years ran an annual workshop for high school sociology teachers. He has chaired the Selection Committee for the SAGE Innovations and Professional Development Awards since the program's inception. He has been honored for his teaching and teaching-related work at local, state, regional, and national levels. The American Sociological Association's Section on Teaching and Learning awarded him the Hans O. Mauksch Award for Distinguished Contributions to Teaching of Sociology in 2000. He was honored with the American Sociological Association's Distinguished Contributions to Teaching Award in 2010. In 2012, the North Central Sociological Association awarded Keith the J. Milton Yinger Award for Distinguished Career in Sociology. David Yamane is professor of sociology at Wake Forest University. He has published in the sociology of religion and in the scholarship of teaching and learning. He is completing a 4-year term as Associate Editor of a leading journal in the field, the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. In 2007, he was chosen by Wake Forest students to receive the Kulynych Family Omicron Delta Kappa Award for Contribution to Student Life.
- Author(s)David A. Yamane,Keith A. Roberts
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.