All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.08Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £13.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- Author(s)John R. Bowen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight367 g
- Width178 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1:Studying Religion through Practice Chapter 2:The Twin Transformations of Religion Chapter 3:Domains and Boundaries of Religion Chapter 4:Rituals of Transition Chapter 5:Healing through Religion Chapter 6:Sorcery, Witchcraft, and Modernity Chapter 7:Worship, Hierarchy, Conflict: Focus on Hinduism Chapter 8:Imagery and Faith: Focus on Catholicism Chapter 9:Transatlantic Religion Chapter 10:Boundaries and Selves in Orthodox Judaism Chapter 11:Speech and Grace in Protestantism Chapter 12:New Religious Movements Chapter 13: Revelation and Authority in Islam Chapter 14:Migration and Adaptation: Focus on Muslims in Europe Chapter 15:Virtual Religion Chapter 16:Secularisms and Religions in Modern States
- Author BiographyJohn R. Bowen is the Dunbar-Van Cleve Professor in Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis, and recurrent Visiting Professor at the London School of Economics. He has been studying Islam and society in Indonesia since the late 1970s, and since 2001 has worked in France, England, and North America on problems of pluralism, law, and religion, and in particular on contemporary efforts to rethink Islamic norms and civil law. He also writes regularly for The Boston Review. His current two research projects concern sharia and civil law in England, and Islamic courts and property disputes in Indonesia.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.