Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.56Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.49Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the complex relationship between transnational religion and politics through the lens of one cosmopolitan community in Siberia: Buryats, who live in a semiautonomous republic within Russia with a large Buddhist population. This book illustrates how this community employed Buddhism to adapt to key moments of political change.
- Author BiographyAnya Bernstein is assistant professor of anthropology and social studies at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Anya Bernstein
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleBuddhism and Modernity
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note27 halftones, 6 tables
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.