All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.21
- £66.16Trending at £91.75
- £13.63Trending at £14.11
- £22.22Trending at £23.44
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.19
- £20.25Trending at £29.96
About this product
- DescriptionOpera performances are often radically inventive. Composers' revisions, singers' improvisations, and stage directors' re-imaginings continually challenge our visions of canonical works. But do they go far enough? This book, spanning almost the entire history of opera, reexamines attitudes toward some of our best-loved musical works.
- Author BiographyRoger Parker, Professor of Music at the University of Cambridge, is author of Leonora's Last Act: Essays in Verdian Discourse and editor of The Oxford Illustrated History of Opera.
- Author(s)Roger Parker
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication18/04/2006
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleErnest Bloch Lectures
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 b/w photograph, 21 music examples
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.