All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £6.72Trending at £8.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.81
- £13.80Trending at £16.89
- £10.09Trending at £13.78
- £4.49Trending at £8.48
- £9.06Trending at £10.42
- £7.03Trending at £8.99
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a portrait of the infamous Ludwig II of Bavaria, evoking with assurance the strange and poetic landscape that shaped him.
- Author BiographyDavid Stacton (1923-1968) was born Lionel Kingsley Evans in San Francisco. He attended Stanford University before serving in the Civilian Public Service as a conscientious objector during World War II, eventually graduating from the University of California at Berkeley in 1951. Stacton went to Europe after college and ended up staying, in his words, 'because I liked it and because I could not get my books in print in America.' His first novel, Dolores, was published in England in 1954. Among the wide-ranging historical and biographical novels for which he would become best known are Remember Me, about Ludwig of Bavaria; On a Balcony, about Nefertiti and Pharaoh Akhenaten; Segaki, set in feudal Japan; A Signal Victory, about the Spanish conquest of the Yucatan; Old Acquaintance, set at a film festival and telling of the loves of a star resembling Marlene Dietrich; and People of the Book, set during the Thirty Years' War. In 1968 he moved to Fredensborg, Denmark, but ten days later he was found dead in his new home. He was forty-four years old.
- Author(s)David Stacton
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/05/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleInvincible Questions Trilogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight300 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.