About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the beauty of the fundamental laws of nature. It seeks to facilitate understanding of the background and significance of scientific discoveries in atomic, nuclear and particle physics. Clear descriptions for general readers (without any equations) are punctuated with verses.
- Author BiographyWilliam B Rolnick, a former student of Robert Serber at Columbia University, has been a professor of physics at Wayne State University for more than three decades. During that time, he has done significant theoretical research and written an insightful and celebrated textbook on particle physics. A premier teacher at that university, he was awarded the highly prestigious President's Award for Excellence in Teaching in 1999, the only recipient from the College of Science in that year. Professor Rolnick is also a professionally trained operatic bass baritone; he is a soloist with The Metropolitan Singers, and has also given many solo recitals in the Detroit area. His understanding of song has been adapted to the creation of the poetic aspects of the present work.
- Author(s)William B. Rolnick
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Weight649 g
- Width167 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.