All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £11.99Trending at £13.34
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £10.15Trending at £14.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide is ideal for science and engineering students and professionals to help them communicate technical information clearly, accurately, and effectively.
- Author BiographyDavid C. Van Aken is a Professor of Materials Science & Engineering at the Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla, Missouri. Dr Van Aken is a licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Missouri and Illinois. He is the author of more than 70 technical articles. He joined the UMR faculty in 1993 after having taught at the University of Michigan for seven years. David has been the recipient of 12 awards for teaching excellence, 4 Missouri S&T faculty excellence awards and one Missouri S&T Alumni Association outstanding advising award. In 2006 Dr Van Aken was designated a Dean's Teaching Scholar. David began his engineering career in 1978 at Caterpillar, Inc. as a materials engineer and then returned in 1982 to the University of Illinois for his Ph.D. graduate studies. Dr Van Aken is the recipient of the NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award and the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award. Van Aken's research interests include the physical metallurgy of ferrous alloys, experimental and theoretical aspects of phase transformations and the mechanical behavior of structural materials. William Hosford is a Professor Emeritus of Materials Science and Engineering at University of Michigan. He is the author of more than 80 technical articles and a number of books including the leading selling Metal Forming: Mechanics and Metallurgy, 3rd edition (with R. M. Caddell) (Cambridge, 2007); Materials Science; An Intermediate Text (Cambridge, 2006); Mechanical Behavior of Materials (Cambridge, 2005); Mechanics of Crystals and Textured Polycrystals (Oxford University Press 1993); Mechanical Metallurgy (CRC Press 2005) and Materials for Engineers (Cambridge, 2008), an undergraduate textbook. Professor Hosford's research interests include explorations into the quantitative relationship between anisotropic yielding behavior and crystallographic texture, sheet metal forming and the dependence of sheet formability on plastic anisotropy and the formation of deformation textures in bcc metals, as well as the spheroidization of medium carbon steels.
- Author(s)David C. van Aken,William F. Hosford
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2008
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note54 b/w illus. 18 tables
- Weight360 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.