All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHighly anticipated Second Edition of one of the most popular and influential books ever written in media and cultural studies. A genuine classic, expertly updated for a new generation of students and researchers.
- Author BiographyStuart Hall was born and raised in Jamaica and arrived in Britain on a Rhodes scholarship to Oxford in 1950. In 1958, he left his PhD on Henry James to found the New Left Review, which did much to open a debate about immigration and the politics of identity. Along with Raymond Williams and Richard Hoggart he established the first Cultural Studies programme at a British university in Birmingham in 1964, bringing the study of popular culture into the understanding of political and social change. After spending more than four decades as one of the UK's leading public intellectuals, Hall retired from formal academic life in 1997 and since then has continued to devote himself to questions of representation, creativity and difference. He became the chair of two foundations, Iniva, the Institute of International Visual Arts, and Autograph ABP, which seeks to promote photographers from culturally diverse backgrounds, and championed the opening of Iniva's new Rivington Place arts complex in east London in 2007. Jessica Evans is Senior Lecturer in Cultural & Media Studies at the Open University. Professor Sean Nixon is Head of the Department of Sociology and Director of MA Advertising and Marketing and the Media. at the University of Essex.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCulture, Media and Identities series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Edited byJessica Evans,Sean Nixon,Stuart Hall
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £6.20Trending at £6.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.