Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £30.00Trending at £42.97
- £20.65Trending at £21.59
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.11Trending at £32.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the fierce conflicts over apportionment and gerrymandering in the late nineteenth-century Midwest.
- Author BiographyPeter H. Argersinger holds a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin. From 1971 to 1998, he was a professor at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, and he held the distinguished position of Presidential Research Professor from 1995 to 1998. Since 1998, he has been a professor at Southern Illinois University, where he was named Outstanding Scholar by the College of Liberal Arts. He has also been a Fellow of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington DC, received an Andrew Mellon Fellowship from the Massachusetts Historical Society, the Helm Research Fellowship from Indiana University and grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Historical Association. He has received the Binkley-Stephenson Award of the Organization of American Historians for the best article published in the Journal of American History. His work has appeared in the American Historical Review, the Political Science Quarterly, the Journal of Interdisciplinary History, American Nineteenth-Century History, Agricultural History, the Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era and other journals. He is the author of six books including Populism and Politics (1974); Structure, Process, and Party (1991); and The Limits of Agrarian Radicalism (1995).
- Author(s)Peter H. Argersinger
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.