All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- DescriptionAn ethnography of pregnancy and birth at a large New York City public hospital, that explores the role of race in the medical setting. It investigates how race - commonly seen as biological in the medical world - is socially constructed among women dependent on the public healthcare system for prenatal care and childbirth.
- Author BiographyKhiara M. Bridges is Associate Professor of Law and Associate Professor of Anthropology at Boston University.
- Author(s)Khiara M. Bridges
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication18/03/2011
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.