All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £22.53Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.50
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
About this product
- DescriptionReproductive Biology and Integrated Conservation Science
- Author BiographyPierre Comizzoli, a gamete biologist at SCBI's Center for Species Survival received one of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers. President Obama named 94 researchers as recipients of the Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers, the highest honor bestowed by the United States government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers. Sixteen Federal departments and agencies join together annually to nominate the most meritorious scientists and engineers whose early accomplishments show the greatest promise for assuring America's preeminence in science and engineering and contributing to the awarding agencies' missions. Awardees are selected for their pursuit of innovative research at the frontiers of science and technology and their commitment to community service as demonstrated through scientific leadership, public education, or community outreach. Comizzoli's honor followed a prestigious nomination by the Office of the Director of the National Institutes of Health for studies on desiccated germinal vesicles to determine if they can be rehydrated and reanimated to facilitate recovery of the maternal genome, challenging existing paradigms about the practicality of mammalian oocyte (egg) preservation and storage. Pierre's research is oriented to both assisted reproductive techniques (artificial insemination, embryo transfer, in vitro fertilization, gamete and embryo cryopreservation) for endangered species, as well as the emerging field of fertility preservation that benefits, not only rare species, but human health as well.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number753
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 34 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1065 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJanine L. Brown,Pierre Comizzoli,William V. Holt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.