All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Chasca Twyman,Daniel Hammett,Mark Graham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 19 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart One: Planning Research 1. Introduction 2. The Contested Terrain of Development Fieldwork 3. The Lone Wolf and the Pack: Entering the Field Alone and in Groups 4. Ethics in Development Fieldwork 5. Risk and Fieldwork 6. Integrating Methods Part Two: Collecting and Analysing Data 7. Interviews and Focus Groups 8. Ethnography and Participant Observation 9. Participatory Methods 10. Archives, Documentary and Visual Data 11. Quantitative Methods and Survey Data 12. Big Data and Social Media 13. Locational/Spatial Data Part Three: Presenting and Writing Up Research 14. Visualising Data 15. Writing for Different Audiences 16. Knowledge Exchange and Research Methods
- Author BiographyDaniel Hammett is a Faculty Fellow at the University of Sheffield specializing in development and political geography, particularly in relation to citizenship and political protest, with a focus on sub-Saharan Africa. Chasca Twyman is a Senior Lecturer in Geography at the University of Sheffield and Co-Director of the Sheffield Institute for International Development. Her research interests include the human dimensions of local and global environmental change, natural resource management, and governance and policy in Eastern and Southern Africa. Mark Graham is a Senior Research Fellow at the Oxford Internet Institute, a Research Fellow at Green Templeton College and a Research Associate at the University of Oxford's School of Geography and the Environment. He is an economic geographer with a focus on 'knowledge economies' in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.79Trending at £20.13
- £7.92Trending at £9.55
- £16.74Trending at £18.62
- £17.26Trending at £17.57
- £8.25Trending at £8.34
- £6.24Trending at £9.98
- £8.51Trending at £8.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.