Researching Children's Experiences by Melissa Freeman, Sandra Mathison (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £22.61+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £2.76Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by phatpocket
- Est. delivery by 26 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents approaches to planning, carrying out, and analyzing research projects with children and youth. This book discusses data collection methods that include drawing, photography, the Internet, games, interviewing, focus groups, and observation. It emphasizes the need to attend to the social setting in which research with children is done.
- Author BiographyMelissa Freeman is Assistant Professor of Qualitative Research Methodologies in the College of Education at the University of Georgia. Her research focuses on critical, constructivist, and relational approaches to educational research and evaluation; the role of dialogue in the construction of meaning and understanding; and the use of alternative elicitation strategies in interviewing and focus groups. She has worked with parents and young people in a variety of educational and youth services settings. Dr. Freeman's most recent research focuses on parents' and students' perceptions of accountability and testing in public schools. Sandra Mathison is Professor of Education at the University of British Columbia. Her research is in educational evaluation, and her work has focused especially on the potential and limits of evaluation to support democratic ideals and promote justice. She has conducted national large-scale and local evaluations of K-12, postsecondary, and informal educational programs and curricula. Dr. Mathison's most recent research focuses on the effects of state-mandated testing on teaching and learning, especially the impact on the work life of teachers and the educational experiences of students. She is editor of the Encyclopedia of Evaluation, coeditor (with E. Wayne Ross) of Defending Public Schools: The Nature and Limits of Standards-Based Reform and Assessment and Battleground: Schools, and Editor-in-Chief of the journal New Directions for Evaluation.
- Author(s)Melissa Freeman,Sandra Mathison
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £3.99Trending at £4.49
- £5.27Trending at £5.68
- £6.49Trending at £8.60
- £10.02Trending at £14.99
- £6.59Trending at £7.98
- £9.97Trending at £10.04
- £24.65Trending at £27.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.