All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCloud services are just as susceptible to network outages as any other platform. This concise book shows you how to prepare for potentially devastating interruptions by building your own resilient and reliable applications in the public cloud.
- Author BiographyJurg van Vliet graduated from the University of Amsterdam in Computer Science. After his internship with Philips Research, he worked for many web startups and media companies. Passionate about technology, he wrote for many years about it and its effects on society. He became interested in the cloud and started using AWS in 2007. After merging his former company, 2Yellows, with a research firm, he decided to start 9Apps, an AWS boutique that is an AWS solution provider and silver partner of Eucalyptus, together with Flavia. Give Jurg a scalability challenge, and he will not sleep until he solves it - and he will love you for it. Flavia Paganelli has been developing software in different industries and languages for over 14 years, for companies like TomTom and Layar. She moved to The Netherlands with her cat after finishing an MSc in Computer Science at the University of Buenos Aires. A founder of 9Apps, Flavia loves to create easy-to-understand software that makes people's lives easier, like the Decaf EC2 smartphone app. When she is not building software, she is probably exercising her other passions, like acting or playing capoeira. Jasper Geurtsen has been a pragmatic software developer for over 15 years. After programming embedded systems for many years, like the TomTom devices, he co-founded 9apps. This brought him into a world with an infinite supply of cloud computing resources. He loves making all kind of systems work together with other fun people. When he is not making systems work, Jasper enjoys going to music concerts, hiking and camping with his girlfriend and their two children.
- Author(s)Flavia Paganelli,Jasper Geurtsen,Jurg Van Fliet
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- GenreComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £21.79Trending at £23.78
- £15.72Trending at £17.39
- £16.70Trending at £18.97
- £15.72Trending at £16.03
- £26.73Trending at £40.08
- £16.77Trending at £26.99
- £17.29Trending at £17.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.