All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
About this product
- DescriptionHalf of the world's inhabitants live in cities. With their inefficient transportation systems and poorly designed buildings, many cities - especially in the United States - consume enormous quantities of fossil fuels and emit high levels of greenhouse gases. This is a guide to developing cities that are livable, sustainable, and 'resilient'.
- Author BiographyPeter Newman is professor of sustainability at Curtin University in Western Australia. He is the author of Cities as Sustainable Ecosystems (Island Press, 2007). Timothy Beatley is Teresa Heinz Professor of Sustainable Communities at the University of Virginia. His books include Green Urbanism (Island Press, 2000) and Ecology of Place (Island Press, 1997). Heather Boyer is senior editor at Island Press and 2005 Loeb Fellow at the Harvard Graduate School of Design.
- Author(s)Heather Boyer,Peter Newman,Timothy Beatley
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication29/11/2008
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.