Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £88.82
- £24.23Trending at £25.18
- £23.65Trending at £26.08
- £22.21Trending at £24.29
- £14.94Trending at £22.98
- £16.56Trending at £20.29
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMichele Lamont,Nissim Mizrachi
- Table Of Contents1. Ordinary people doing extraordinary things: responses to stigmatization in comparative perspective Michele Lamont and Nissim Mizrachi 2. The multiple dimensions of racial mixture in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: from whitening to Brazilian negritude Graziella Moraes D. Silva and Elisa P. Reis 3. African Americans respond to stigmatization: the meanings and salience of confronting, deflecting conflict, educating the ignorant and 'managing the self' Crystal M. Fleming, Michele Lamont and Jessica S. Welburn 4. Participatory destigmatization strategies among Palestinian citizens, Ethiopian Jews and Mizrahi Jews in Israel Nissim Mizrachi and Hanna Herzog 5. Between global racial and bounded identity: choice of destigmatization strategies among Ethiopian Jews in Israel Nissim Mizrachi and Adane Zawdu 6. Transforming meanings and group positions: tactics and framing in Anishinaabe-white relations in Northwestern Ontario, Canada Jeffrey S. Denis 7. Name change and destigmatization among Middle Eastern immigrants in Sweden Moa Bursell 8. White cruelty or Republican sins? Competing frames of stigma reversal in French commemorations of slavery Crystal M. Fleming 9. Folk conceptualizations of racism and antiracism in Brazil and South Africa Graziella Moraes D. Silva 10. Stop 'blaming the man': perceptions of inequality and opportunities for success in the Obama era among middle-class African Americans Jessica S. Welburn and Cassi L. Pittman
- Author BiographyMichele Lamont is Robert I. Goldman Professor of European Studies and Professor of Sociology and African and African-American Studies at Harvard University, USA. Nissim Mizrachi is a Faculty member in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology in the Gershon H. Gordon Faculty of Social Science at Tel Aviv University, Israel.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.