All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.31
- £45.12Trending at £47.49
- £12.16Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.59
- £12.86Trending at £16.88
- £10.00Trending at £11.87
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/09/2011
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleEthical Economy
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 Tables, black and white; VIII, 402 p.
- Weight627 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAndreas Follesdal,Peter Koslowski
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1997
- Table Of ContentsRestructuring the Welfare State: Introduction.- I. The Welfare State Under Siege in Western Europe.- 1. Is the British Welfare System Sustainable?.- 2. Is the Welfare System of the Netherlands Sustainable?.- 3. Is the German Welfare State Sustainable?.- II. The Social Security System in the East Central European Nations of Transition and in Japan.- 4. The Principle of Subsidiarity and the Transition of the Welfare States in Central and Eastern Europe.- 5. The Social Security System in Japan.- III. The Rise of the Welfare State in History and Theory.- 6. State and Citizenship in the Age of Globalisation.- Origins of the ?Social State? in German Philosophy and ?Staatswissenschaft?.- IV. Current Problems of the Welfare State.- 8. Do Welfare Obligations End at the Boundaries of the Nation State?.- 9. Meeting Needs Versus Respecting Autonomy Dilemmas of the Welfare State.- 10. Forward to the Nineteenth Century: Has Growing Old Gracefully Become a Luxury?.- 11. The Unpaid Work of Mothers and Housewives in the Different Types of Welfare States.- 12. Social Rights in a Gender Perspective.- 13. Does the Welfare State Destroy the Family?.- PartV. Theory and Critique of the Welfare State.- 14. The Justification of Welfare Rights.- 15. Risk, Justice and Social Policies.- 16. Sweden: Towards a 21st Century Post-Modern People's Home?.- 17. The Social State in the Post-Modern.- Conclusion.- 18. On the Moral Foundations of the Welfare State Three Research Programmes.- About the Authors.- Index of Names.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.