All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £10.41Trending at £14.48
- £10.89Trending at £12.34
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionChronicles the life & death of Edward Lawton Moss, a Royal Navy surgeon on the last great British north polar expedition of the nineteenth century. This book includes several letters & is illustrated with a selection of Moss' watercolours.
- Author BiographyPaul Appleton, a history teacher, earned his undergraduate and graduate degrees at the University of Calgary and pursued doctoral studies at Queens University. He published articles about Dr. Moss in BC Historical News, The Westcoaster, and Archaeology magazine. Paul Appleton died in March 2006. William Barr is a research fellow at the Arctic Institute of North America. A glacial geomorphologist by training, his major research focus is the history of exploration in the Arctic, a subject on which he has published extensively. In May 2006, he received a lifetime achievement award from the Canadian Historical Association for his contributions to the historiography of the Canadian North.
- Author(s)Paul C. Appleton
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Note29 colour & b/w illus
- Weight990 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byWilliam Barr
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.