All listings for this product
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.98Trending at £5.86
- £5.90Trending at £6.80
- £21.95Trending at £22.80
- £3.44Trending at £4.28
- £10.43Trending at £12.02
- £4.69Trending at £6.99
- £8.69Trending at £14.42
About this product
- DescriptionServing on a jury at the trial of a prostitute arrested for murder, Prince Nekhlyudov is horrified to discover that the accused is a woman he had once loved, seduced and then abandoned when she was a young servant girl. Racked with guilt at realizing he was the cause of her ruin, he determines to appeal for her release.
- Author BiographyLeo Tolstoy (1828-1910), the Russian prose writer, is chiefly remembered for his novels, War and Peace and Anna Karenina. Rosemary Edmonds was bron in London and studied English, Russian, French, Italian and Old Church Slavonic at various universities. She was translator for General de Gaulle in the Second World War. She has edited many Penguin Classics, including War and Peace and Turgenev's Fathers and Sons.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/1973
- Language(s)English & Russian
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Weight394 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byRosemary Edmonds
- Introduction byRosemary Edmonds
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.