Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.65Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £6.07Trending at £6.23
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.15
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- DescriptionInstitutions shape every dimension of politics. Ranging across formal institutions of government such as legislatures, courts, and bureaucracies and intermediary institutions such as labor unions and party systems, this title shows how these instruments of control give shape to the state, articulate its relationships, and express its legitimacy.
- Author BiographyIan Shapiro is Sterling Professor of Political Science at Yale University, where he also serves as Henry R. Luce Director of the Yale Center for International and Area Studies. He is the editor or author of numerous books, most recently Political Contingency (NYU Press) and Rethinking Political Institutions (NYU Press). Stephen Skowronek is the Pelatiah Perit Professor of Political and Social Science at Yale University and co-author most recently of The Search for American Political Development. Daniel Galvin an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Northwestern University.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDaniel Galvin,Ian Shapiro,Stephen Skowronek
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.