All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.73Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
About this product
- DescriptionRoy Harris shows that the theory of writing adopted in modern linguistics is deeply flawed. Reversing the orthodox priorities, the author argues that writing is a far more powerful mode of linguistic communication than speech could ever be.
- Author BiographyRoy Harris is Emeritus Professor of General Linguistics at the University of Oxford. His many publications include The Origin of Writing (1986) and Signs of Writing (1995).
- Author(s)Roy Harris
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/04/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.