All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative guide on the special needs of these retirees. Is there life after retirement? Absolutely, for these lucky dogs. More than 18,000 Greyhounds are adopted every year. This handy reference puts you on the fast track to finding an adoption group, selecting the right dog, and more. Offers
- Author BiographyLee Livingood has been training adult rescue dogs for nearly 40 years. She lives with two adopted ex-racers, volunteers for her local Greyhound adoption group, and writes for Greyhound and other dog publications.
- Author(s)Lee Livingood
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication13/09/2000
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Width188 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
Most relevant reviews
- nicolaw36203 Apr, 2017by
Full of facts
I've not really read very much of this book but it seems very informative and honest about what to expect from taking on a retired racing greyhound. Only complaint I have is that the book is written from an American point of view so some information is not relevant to me in the UK.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- markandvicki201...10 Dec, 2016by
A good book and thank you.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- steffano24703 Jan, 2015by
Quick delivery and brilliant book.
The book has proven to be invaluable. Great insights into this very interesting breed. Our Greyhound was doing some strange things and this book reassured us this was normal behaviour for a Greyhound. BRILLIANT BOOK.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £5.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85