All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global financial crisis had immediate and profound impacts on pension and insurance company assets intended to finance millions of peoples' retirement. This volume illustrates several ways in which retirement risk management should be conceived of differently from bank practice.
- Author BiographyDr. Olivia S. Mitchell is the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans Professor, Professor of Insurance and Risk Management and Business Economics and Public Policy, Executive Director of the Pension Research Council, and Director of the Boettner Center for Pensions and Retirement Research, all at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Mitchell's main interests are public and private pensions, insurance and risk management, financial literacy, and social insurance. She received her MA and PhD degrees in Economics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and her BA in Economics from Harvard University. Raimond Maurer is the Chair of Investment, Portfolio Management, and Pension Finance at the Finance Department of the Goethe University Frankfurt. His research focuses on asset management, life-time portfolio choice, real estate, and pension finance. He serves in several professional capacities including the Union Real Estate Investment group, the Society of Actuaries (academic chairman of AFIR), the Association of Certified International Investment Analysts (academic director and member of the International Examination Committee). He earned his Habilitation, PhD, and Diploma in business administration from Mannheim University, and he was awarded an honorary doctorate from the State University of Finance and Economics of St. Petersburg. Michael Orszag is Head of Research at Willis Towers Watson, a global actuarial consulting firm. His research interests include pensions, personnel economics, risk management, and insurance. He is a founding editor of the Journal of Pension Economics and Finance and co-editor of the Oxford Handbook of Pensions and Retirement Income. He earned his PhD from the University of Michigan in economics and his AB from Princeton University in economics.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePension Research Council Series
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight484 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJ. Michael Orszag,Olivia S. Mitchell,Raimond Maurer
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.12
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.05
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.