CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £6.34Trending at £6.47
- £6.09Trending at £7.99
- £6.99Trending at £8.96
- £12.73Trending at £13.39
- £7.49Trending at £10.14
- £8.74Trending at £8.90
- £23.44Trending at £34.99
About this product
- Description'Revelations of Divine Love' by Julian of Norwich is the first book written in English by a woman. But the work is read now not for historical interest but for the God she describes and the optimism she exudes; an optimism all the more remarkable for the setting in which she wrote.
- Author BiographyJulian lived in Norwich from 1342 - 1416; but 14th century England was far from the Merry Old England of legend. It was the time of the Black Death which struck Norwich at least three times during her life. It was also a period of social unrest brought on by the shortage of labour, high taxes and bad harvests which led to the Peasants' Revolt. There are few sure facts about Julian's life. But at the age of 30, while living at home with her mother, she believed herself to be dying with a serious illness. It was at this time she had a series of visions of Jesus. On her recovery, she recorded them in brief and then 20 years later, as an anchoress, wrote them down in a longer form in the Middle-English of Chaucer.
- Author(s)Julian of Norwich
- PublisherWhite Crow Books
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGuildford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhite Crow Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight251 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.