All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £53.13Trending at £54.02
- £5.85Trending at £5.99
- £22.74Trending at £23.44
- £7.00Trending at £7.20
- £17.24Trending at £17.72
- £10.79Trending at £14.98
- £8.02Trending at £8.17
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking collection that studies noise not merely as a sonic phenomenon but as an essential component of all communication and information systems.
- Author BiographyDr Ben Halligan runs the Graduate Programme for the School of Media, Music and Performance at the University of Salford, UK, teaching in the areas of Critical Theory, Media Studies and Performance at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Dr Halligan is currently involved with the University's move to MediaCityUK, and its new facilities with the BBC. Paul Hegarty teaches Philosophy and Visual Culture at University College Cork, in Ireland. He is the author of Noise/Music (Continuum, 2007). He jointly runs the experimental record label dotdotdotmusic, and performs in the noise bands Safe and La Societe des Amis du Crime. Dr Michael Goddard is Lecturer in Media Studies at the University of Salford. He has published research in media and aesthetic theory, Eastern European film and visual culture and anomalous forms of popular music.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBenjamin Halligan,Michael Goddard,Paul Hegarty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.