Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the rhetoric and ritual of Indian elites undercolonialism, focusing on the city of Surat in the Bombay Presidency. This book examines how local elites appropriated and modified the liberal representative discourse of Britain and thus fashioned a public' culture that excluded the city's underclasses.
- Author BiographyDouglas Haynes is Associate Professor of History at Dartmouth College.
- Author(s)Douglas E. Haynes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication30/10/1991
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight522 g
- Width230 mm
- Height150 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.