All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurveys the schemes, patterns and forms of English verse, and illustrates each variation with an original and witty self-descriptive example. In this fourth edition, the authors offer a personal take on why the book has played such an important role in the education of young poets and student scholars.
- Author BiographyA preeminent American poet, John Hollander (1929-2013) wrote over sixteen volumes of poetry and was Sterling Professor of English at Yale University. J. D. McClatchy is a poet and literary critic. He teaches at Yale University, where he also edits The Yale Review.Richard Wilbur was appointed the second United States Poet Laureate in 1987 and twice received the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry, in 1957 and in 1989.
- Author(s)John Hollander
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight150 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byJ. D. McClatchy
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £16.54Trending at £21.18
- £7.71Trending at £8.99
- £10.22Trending at £13.61
- £7.42Trending at £10.00
- £7.52Trending at £7.71
- £9.00Trending at £11.02
- £9.79Trending at £9.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.