All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Susan Elizabeth Hough
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note45 halftones.
- Weight482 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface ixCHAPTER 1: The Magnitude of the Problem 1CHAPTER 2: Formative Years 9CHAPTER 3: Margaret Rose 25CHAPTER 4: Harnessing the Horses 36CHAPTER 5: Earthquake Exploration 51CHAPTER 6: The Kresge Era 62CHAPTER 7: Beno Gutenberg 82CHAPTER 8: Earthquake! 102CHAPTER 9: Richter Scale 112CHAPTER 10: Charlie 132CHAPTER 11: Lillian 153CHAPTER 12: Richter's Women 181CHAPTER 13: Autumn 192CHAPTER 14: Asperger's Syndrome 212CHAPTER 15: Here It Comes Again 241CHAPTER 16: Predicting the Unpredictable 253CHAPTER 17: Sizing Up Earthquake Hazard 269CHAPTER 18: Hazard in a Nuclear Age 276CHAPTER 19: Supernova 286APPENDIX A Belated Farewell 309Bibliography 313Acknowledgments 325Index 331Earthquakes by Date 337
- Author BiographySusan Elizabeth Hough is a seismologist with the Southern California Earthquake Center and a fellow of the American Geophysical Union. Her books include Predicting the Unpredictable and Earthshaking Science (both Princeton).
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.99
- £7.02Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.