All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when visiting the island city of Venice.Following the self-guided tours in this book, you'll explore Venice's most important landmarks and cruise the Grand Canal for a close-up look at the elegant palaces, bridges, and churches. You'll discover picturesque lanes, enjoy the best city views, and tour outlying islands in the lagoon. Dine at a romantic canal-side restaurant, or join the locals at a characteristic cicchetti bar and munch seafood-on-a-toothpick. As the stars shine over St. Mark's Square, sway to the free music of cafe orchestras.Rick's candid, humorous advice will guide you to good-value hotels and restaurants. You'll learn how to explore Venice hassle-free and get up-to-date advice on what's worth your time and money. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves guidebook is a tour guide in your pocket.
- Author BiographySince 1973, Rick has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 20,000 travellers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of a hardworking, well-traveled staff of 100 at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, Washington, near Seattle. When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his partner Trish, son Andy, and daughter Jackie.Gene Openshaw is a writer, composer, tour guide, and lecturer on art and history. Specializing in writing walking tours of Europe's cultural sights, Gene has coauthored 10 of Rick's books and contributes to Rick's public television series. As a composer, Gene has written a full-length opera (Matter), a violin sonata, and dozens of songs. He lives near Seattle with his daughter, and roots for the Mariners in good times and bad.
- Author(s)Gene Openshaw,Rick Steves
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRick Steves
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos and maps throughout
- Weight394 g
- Width121 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement15th edition
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.21
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £20.62Trending at £30.02
- £4.45Trending at £5.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.