All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA study of the Western that covers its history from the early silent era to recent spins on the genre in films such as No Country for Old Men , There Will Be Blood , True Grit , and Cowboys & Aliens . It also examines various forms of genre-revival and genre-revisionism that have recurred over the years.
- Author BiographyMary Lea Bandy was Director and Chief Curator of the Department of Film and Video at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. She has co-edited several books, including Rediscovering French Film, Jean-Luc Godard: Son + Image, and The Hidden God. Kevin Stoehr is Associate Professor of Humanities at Boston University. He is the author of Nihilism in Film and Television and co-editor of John Ford in Focus.
- Author(s)Kevin L. Stoehr,Mary Lea Bandy
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2012
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note53 b/w photographs
- Weight481 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byClint Eastwood
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £34.32Trending at £37.75
- £21.99Trending at £26.74
- £14.49Trending at £14.99
- £25.15Trending at £26.74
- £5.98Trending at £6.79
- £13.99Trending at £15.40
- £10.42Trending at £13.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.