Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £40.40Trending at £41.79
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.93
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
About this product
- DescriptionClassroom-tested and featuring over 100 exercises, this text introduces the key algebraic geometry field of Hurwitz theory.
- Author BiographyRenzo Cavalieri is Associate Professor of Mathematics at Colorado State University. He received his PhD in 2005 at the University of Utah under the direction of Aaron Bertram. Hurwitz theory has been an important feature and tool in Cavalieri's research, which revolves around the interaction among moduli spaces of curves and maps from curves, and their different compactifications. He has taught courses on Hurwitz theory at the graduate and undergraduate level at Colorado State University and around the world at the National Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IMPA) in Brazil, Beijing University, and the University of Costa Rica. Eric Miles is Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Colorado Mesa University. He received his PhD in 2014 under the supervision of Renzo Cavalieri. Miles' doctoral work was on Bridgeland Stability Conditions, an area of algebraic geometry that makes significant use of homological algebra.
- Author(s)Eric Miles,Renzo Cavalieri
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Student Texts
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note50 b/w illus. 130 exercises
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.