All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £9.55Trending at £9.79
- £16.29Trending at £19.14
- £4.51Trending at £6.96
- £7.89Trending at £10.04
- £4.48Trending at £4.76
- £8.61Trending at £8.80
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative but accessible text on one dimensional complex manifolds or Riemann surfaces. Dealing with the main results on Riemann surfaces from a variety of points of view; it pulls together material from global analysis, topology, and algebraic geometry, and covers the essential mathematical methods and tools.
- Author BiographySimon Donaldson gained a BA from Cambridge in 1979. In 1980 he began graduate work in Oxford, supervised by Nigel Hitchin and Sir Michael Atiyah. His PhD thesis studied mathematical aspects of Yang-Mills theory. In 1986, aged 29, he was awarded a Fields Medal and was elected to the Royal Society. He was Wallis Professor of Mathematics in Oxford between 1985 and 1998 when he moved to Imperial College London. Most of his work since has been on the interface between differential geometry and complex algebraic geometry. The recipient of numerous awards, including the Shaw Prize in 2009 with Clifford Taubes, he is also a Foreign Member of the US, French & Swedish academies. Donaldson has supervised more than 40 doctoral students, many of whom have gone on to become leading figures in research.
- Author(s)Simon K. Donaldson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2011
- Series TitleOxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 22
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note46 line diagrams
- Weight452 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.