All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.44
- £36.42Trending at £39.16
- £6.95Trending at £10.01
- £22.62Trending at £24.29
- £13.92Trending at £17.55
- £47.48Trending at £62.22
- £79.63Trending at £108.21
About this product
- DescriptionJoseph J. Fins calls for a reconsideration of severe brain injury treatment, including discussion of public policy and physician advocacy.
- Author BiographyJoseph J. Fins, MD, MACP is the E. William Davis, Jr, MD Professor of Medical Ethics and Chief of the Division of Medical Ethics at Weill Cornell Medical College, where he also serves as Professor of Medicine, Professor of Health Care Policy and Research, and Professor of Medicine in Psychiatry. He is the founding chair of the Ethics Committee of New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center where he is an attending physician and Director of Medical Ethics. Dr Fins co-directs the Consortium for the Advanced Study of Brain Injury (CASBI) and is an adjunct faculty member and senior attending physician at the Rockefeller University and Rockefeller University Hospital. The author of over 250 publications, Fins is a co-author of the landmark 2007 Nature paper describing the first use of deep brain stimulation in the minimally conscious state. He is an elected Member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and an Academico de Honor of the Royal National Academy of Medicine of Spain.
- Author(s)Joseph J. Fins
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.