CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes field research on the lemur species. This title contains articles by scientists from America, Europe, Japan and Madagascar, who combine their knowledge to describe an animal which is unique among primates. It features papers that highlight research related to nutrition, plant ecology, behavioral ecology, and demography of Lemur catta.
- Author BiographyAlison Jolly was the first scientist to study ringtailed lemurs in the wild, beginning in 1963. She continues her research on their troops in Berenty Reserve, working with many colleagues and students. Robert Sussman began the survey of ringtails throughout Wesern Madagascar in 1970, and in 1979 co-founded Beza Mahafaly Reserve of the School of Agronomy, University of Antananarivo. He has also continued research with generations of western and Malagasy students since then. Naoki Koyama heads the Kyoto University study group on ringtail behavior at Berenty, 1989 to the present. Hantanirina Rasamimanana of the Ecole Normale Superieur, University of Antananarivo, first worked at Berenty in 1983, and continues research there with the ENS students. In short, the four editors head all the major ringtail research groups, and have united with their colleagues and students to write this volume.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/08/2006
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDevelopments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note118 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, 55 black & white tables, biography
- Weight826 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAlison Jolly,Hanta R. Rasamimanana,Naoki Koyama,Robert W. Sussman
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.