CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.98
- £27.11Trending at £29.10
- £11.43Trending at £12.34
- £10.20Trending at £12.98
- £14.98Trending at £21.59
- £28.89Trending at £30.58
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a synoptic record of events in Mumbai, focusing essentially on the history of riots in the city. Using this framework, this book attempts to understand the sociopolitical and cultural realities of present-day Mumbai through a collection of narratives of the people affected by the communal riots of 1992-93.
- Author BiographyMeena Menon is Deputy Editor with The Hindu, Mumbai. She has been a journalist since 1984 and has worked with the United News of India (UNI), Mid-day, and The Times of India. In 2004, she published Organic Cotton: Reinventing the Wheel. Prior to this, she co-authored The Unseen Worker: On the Trail of the Girl Child, published in 1998. She has received fellowships from the National Foundation of India, New Delhi; Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi; Panos London, London; and Sarai-CSDS (Centre for the Study of Developing Societies), New Delhi. She writes on politics and developmental issues including environment, women, human rights and health.
- Author(s)Meena Menon
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.