All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlanet Earth is teeming with people who possess a multitude of habits, obsessions and experiences - many of them crazy, some of them unbelievable! This book brings you the wildest weirdos, the freakiest fanatics and the world's most extraordinary eccentrics.
- Author BiographyRobert Leroy Ripley was the man behind the Ripley brand - a journalist, radio presenter and cartoonist, who was fascinated by the oddities of everyday life. He was also passionate about travel and by 1940 had, at the age of 40 he had visited 201 countries. Combining these two interests he developed his own radio show - broadcast all over the world, even from underwater and snake pits, and also produced many cartoons, books, TV shows and film shorts. He was voted the most popular man in America in 1936, and his brand continued to develop even after his death in 1949. It is now enjoying a huge resurgence through the advent of the internet and through publication of Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
- Author(s)Robert Le Roy Ripley
- Date of Publication05/10/2006
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date08/09/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight1455 g
- Width237 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £3.92Trending at £4.16
- £14.95Trending at £19.00
- £17.94Trending at £20.00
- £7.98Trending at £12.97
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £7.30Trending at £8.98
- £5.78Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.