All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £100.00Trending at £102.23
- £89.70Trending at £95.39
- £9.80Trending at £12.01
- £15.98Trending at £16.55
- £11.10Trending at £13.77
- £9.97Trending at £13.10
- £11.16Trending at £15.02
About this product
- DescriptionRisen from the Ashes is one man's memoir of hope and survival during the Holocaust. Having cheated death four times through perseverance, hope, faith, and humor, Hans Cohn vividly narrates his experience from the horrors of the past to spiritual renewal.
- Author BiographyCantor Hans Cohn was born in 1926 in Berlin, Germany. In 1939, with the outbreak of the Second World War, his family fled to Shanghai where he remained until 1946. After coming to America in 1947, he attended Hebrew Union College-School of Sacred Music, where he received his Cantor's degree. He studied voice with Alexander Kipnis at the Manhattan School of Music. He earned his Masters in Education from Stanford University. He served as the Cantor at Temple Beth Jacob in Redwood City, California for 31 years until his retirement in 1994. In 2002, he received an Honorary Doctorate of Music from Hebrew Union College. He resides in Palo Alto, California and is still an active member of his temple and community.
- Author(s)Hans W. Cohn
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication12/12/2005
- GenreChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight349 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.