All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Muhammad Ibn Mahfuz Al-Sanhuri
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLibrary of Arabic Literature
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Author BiographyMuhammad ibn Mahfuz al-Sanhuri is an 11th/17th-century author who likely hailed from Egypt's Fayyum region, although nothing else is known about him. Humphrey Davies is an award-winning translator of Arabic literature from the Ottoman period to the present. Writers he has translated include Elias Khoury, Naguib Mahfouz, Alaa Al Aswany, Bahaa Taher, Mourid Barghouti, Muhammad Mustagab, Gamal al-Ghitani, Hamdy el-Gazzar, Khaled Al-Berry, and Ahmed Alaidy, as well as Ahmad Faris al-Shidyaq and Yusuf al-Shirbini for the Library of Arabic Literature. He has also authored, with Madiha Doss, an anthology of writings in Egyptian colloquial Arabic. He lives in Cairo.
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £14.46Trending at £15.12
- £4.95Trending at £8.99
- £25.75Trending at £26.99
- £7.11Trending at £7.36
- £6.79Trending at £8.99
- £6.54Trending at £7.98
- £5.20Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.