All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.75Trending at £50.87
- £24.36Trending at £25.35
- £14.41Trending at £15.79
- £9.07Trending at £10.01
- £12.98Trending at £14.49
- £18.55Trending at £19.53
- £11.35Trending at £15.98
About this product
- Author(s)Chris Whipple,Vincent T. Covello
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number220
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight979 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
- Table Of ContentsSection 1: Chemical Risk Management.- Chemical Risk Management: Introduction.- A Generic Environmental Health Risk Model for Ranking the Toxic By-Products of Energy Systems.- Private Sector Response Patterns to Risks from Chemicals.- The Control of the Use Pattern and the Life of Metals for Risk Management: The Case of Lead.- Acceptable Levels of Risk in Setting Chemical Standards.- Integrated Risk Index System.- Section 2: Occupational Risk Analysis.- Occupational Risk Analysis: Introduction.- Occupational Health and Safety Risk Analysis for Oil Shale.- Quantitative Risk Assessment for Inorganic Arsenic: Determining a Significant Risk.- Analysis of Agency Estimates of Risk for Carcinogenic Agents.- A Training Program on Hazardous Materials for Non-Scientists.- Inorganic Arsenic: Importance of Accurate Exposure Characterization for Risk Assessment.- Lower-Bound Benefits of Air Pollution Reductions in the Munich Metropolitan Area (MMA).- Environmental Risk Assessment in the Energy Field: Issues and Application to Policy.- Risk Management in Household Detergent Control.- Section 3: Ethics and Values in Risk Analysis.- Ethics and Values in Risk Analysis: Introduction.- Product Liability: When Does the Individual Assume the Risk?.- Three Types of Risk Assessment A Methodological Analysis.- Legitimating Private Sector Risk Analysis: A U.S.-European Comparison.- Are Regulations Needed to Hold Experts Accountable for Contributing Biased Briefs of Reports That Affect Public Policies.- Protecting Workers, Protecting Publics: The Ethics of Differential Protection.- The Chemical Industry's View of Risk Assessment.- Section 4: Risk Analysis and Risk Management: Issues, Methods, and Case Studies.- Risk Analysis and Risk Management.- Dietary Carcinogens and Anticarcinogens: Oxygen Radicals and Degenerative Diseases.- Institutional Initiatives for Risk Management.- Risk Assessment: The Reality of Uncertainty.- The Statistical Correlation Model for Common Cause Failures.- Turbine Rotor Reliability: A Probability Model for Brittle Fracture.- A Guide for Reliability and Maintainability Data Acquisition.- The Application of Risk-Based Cost-Benefit Analysis in the Assessment of Acceptable Public Safety for Nuclear Power Plants.- Insurance Market Assessment of Technological Risks.- The Third Made : Technology Regulation by Insurance.- Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL) Insurance Risk Assessment Surveys.- Risk Compensation, Behavior Choice, and the Enforcement of Drunk Driving Statutes.- Cognitive Maps of Risk and Benefit Perceptions.- Warning Systems and Risk Reduction.- On Determining Public Acceptability of Risk.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.