Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £36.77Trending at £67.78
- £17.89Trending at £22.50
- £31.75Trending at £48.00
- £29.64Trending at £35.00
- £17.01Trending at £17.23
- £13.25Trending at £15.95
- £64.95Trending at £81.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis fresh outlook on planning, managing and leading major projects in an international setting is not a critique of project management per say, but simply acknowledges the fact that, no matter how well we manage projects, overruns and deviations still occur.
- Author BiographyPer Willy Hetland is Adjunct Professor and Program Chair in Project Commercial Management at the Norwegian School of Management BI and The University College of Haugesund, Norway. He had a 30 year career with the oil company Statoil where he held project and management positions including Project Director, Finance and Procurement, and Director of Professional Development assigned to the European Institute for Advanced Project and Contract Management, EPCI. Most recently, he was Director of Competence Development and Integration for the Statoil Project Academy in cooperation with the University of California at Berkeley.George Farage Jergeas is Professor of Project Management at the University of Calgary where he also was the Director of the Project Management Program. His current research interests are focused on construction productivity, team dynamics, and the drivers of cost overruns on mega-projects. Prior to taking this university position in 1994, Dr. Jergeas had extensive experience in the construction industry including construction management and claims dispute resolution.Asbjorn Rolstadas is Vice Dean for research at the Faculty of Engineering Science and Technology and a Professor of Production and Quality Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He is the author of 12 books and over 260 papers. He has over 30 years of experience in education, research and consulting in project management and project risk management for major international projects.Richard E. Westney founded Westney Consulting Group in 1978, a Houston-based consulting firm serving energy industry executives with strategic risk management, and improving the performance of project organizations. Prior to the formation of Westney Consulting Group, he was engaged in managing major international projects for Exxon. He is the author of 5 books and numerous articles on project management and project risk management.
- Author(s)Asbjorn Rolstadas,George F. Jergeas,Per Willy Hetland,Richard E. Westney
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note4 Tables, black and white; XIV, 182 p.
- Weight308 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2011 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.