Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.79Trending at £12.25
- £12.31Trending at £13.98
- £11.95Trending at £17.53
- £3.82Trending at £3.89
- £10.32Trending at £18.97
- £9.99Trending at £15.02
- £6.76Trending at £12.01
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the Confucian transformation of Mulian opera, and especially on the interplay between the civilizing effect of ritual performance and the rise of gentrified mercantile lineages in sixteenth-century Huizhou prefecture, this book develops a radically novel interpretation of both Chinese popular culture and the Confucian tradition in late imperial China.
- Author BiographyQitao Guo is Associate Professor of History at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and the author of Exorcism and Money: The Symbolic World of the Five-Fury Spirits in Late Imperial China (Berkeley, 2003).
- Author(s)Qitao Guo
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2005
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.