Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.95Trending at £27.01
- £20.11Trending at £20.39
- £17.75Trending at £25.03
- £13.04Trending at £16.90
- £14.89Trending at £19.96
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £9.53Trending at £9.92
About this product
- DescriptionDetails the formation and historical development of ritual architecture, from the Confucian ritual concept to the sacrificial architecture of the Ming and Qing dynasties. The term ritual architecture is applied to buildings and structures constructed for sacrificial purposes, such as altars and temples.
- Author BiographySun Dazhang was born in Tianjin and graduated from the Tsinghua University Department of Architecture. He has worked for the China Research Institute of Building Science, the China Design and Research Institute of Building Standards, and the Design Institute of the Construction Commission of Henan Province. He has been engaged in research on ancient Chinese architecture for over 50 years, and has been in charge of the restoration of ancient buildings, such as the Jingbian Tower in the Shanhaiguan Fortress and the Great Wall at Laolongtou. His notable works include A Narrative History of Ancient Chinese Architecture and A Dictionary for the Understanding of Ancient Chinese Architecture. He is currently a professor and researcher at the Research Institute for Chinese Architectural History with the Chinese Society of Architects. He also wrote Islamic Buildings, another volume of the Library of Ancient Chinese Architecture series.
- Author(s)Sun Dazhang
- PublisherTimes Media Group Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- Series TitleLibrary of Ancient Chinese Architecture
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCN TImes, Incorporated
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.