All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes information about each of the huge variety of river-types to be found in Britain, discussion of individual examples both large and small, crucial insights into their maintenance and the dangers - felt so acutely in recent years across the UK - of their mismanagement.
- Author BiographyHaving undertaken PhD studies on the River Tweed and practical research on river transfers at Durham University, Nigel Holmes was from 1978 the Nature Conservancy Council's river specialist. He developed several survey and assessment methods that are used nationally and internationally, and formed the River Restoration Centre in 1992. Paul Raven has been a conservation professional since undertaking detailed studies of the River Roding in Essex for his PhD. He was the first national conservation officer for the National Rivers Authority, was head of ecology for the Environment Agency, and continues his work in conservation and freshwaters in particular.
- Author(s)Nigel Holmes,Paul Raven
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBritish Wildlife Publishing Ltd
- Width166 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £44.99Trending at £60.00
- £15.76Trending at £19.95
- £14.25Trending at £15.51
- £8.15Trending at £8.55
- £8.83Trending at £9.99
- £4.76Trending at £5.69
- £17.43Trending at £20.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.