All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.53
- £39.99Trending at £48.30
- £27.44Trending at £28.66
- £109.60Trending at £156.43
- £14.41Trending at £18.92
- £11.33Trending at £12.12
- £11.85Trending at £17.02
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping countries in the tropics have different natural conditions, institutional and financial situations to industrialized countries. However, most textbooks on highway engineering are based on experience from industrialized countries with temperate climates. This text provides a description of highway engineering in developing countries.
- Author BiographyDr Richard Robinson is an independent consultant and has an honorary appointment at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. He spent over 20 years at the Transport Research Laboratory, and recently held the Senior Roads Specialist position at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. He has worked in 40 countries and has published over 100 papers and articles. Professor Bent Thagesen is the former Professor of Highway Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark. He has worked as a highway engineer in Africa and in Asia, and has carried out research at the Danish Road Research Laboratory. He has been a consultant to the World Bank, the United Nations and various development organizations and firms concerned with roads in the developing world. He edited the first edition of this book, Highway and Traffic Engineering in Developing Countries.
- Author(s)Bent Thagesen,Richard Robinson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note25 black & white tables
- Weight975 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.