Consider these sponsored items
- £8.23Was:£10.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoam Alone: Inspiring Tales of Reluctant Solo Travel - Travel literature collection of tales from travellers who go solo by necessity, and apprehensively, but learn to love it, from top travel writers to new authors. Part literature, part guide, with tips for successful solo travel. Reassuring, entertaining and inspiring.
- Author BiographyThis book was partly inspired by Hilary Bradt, founder of Bradt Travel Guides, who describes her solo travels as 'certainly reluctant' . She made her first trip through South America alone when her travel companion dropped out at the last moment; the subsequent journey through the Andes was unfortgettable and set her up for the solo trip of a lifetime, described in this book, of riding a pony a thousand miles through Ireland. The anxiety of planning the journey was offset by the serendipity of being able to take each day as it came and the intensity of the experience. Of travelling alone, Hilary Bradt says 'there's no doubt that it's more fun to plan a trip with a like-minded companion, but I have learnt to confront my fears and indulge my passion for travel, knowing that the solo traveller will be richly rewarded, from meeting the locals to discovering a new inner confidence.' Jennifer Barclay is an editor and writer who has enjoyed travelling alone in many countries. She has written three travel books about travelling alone: Meeting Mr Kim, which details her adventures travelling solo around South Korea, and Falling in Honey and An Octopus in my Ouzo, both of which describe her move - on her own - to a Greek island.
- Author(s)Hilary Bradt,Phoebe Smith
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication28/03/2017
- GenreTravel Writing
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Travel Literature)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edited byAdrian Phillips,Jennifer Barclay
- Foreword byJan Leeming
Most relevant reviews
- lynlydr-rda0kz30 Jun, 2017by
Very interesting book. As I enjoy going on holiday on my own.
Made me laugh in places
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
- £54.14Trending at £82.72
- £5.20Trending at £5.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.