All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of poetry and plays that presents annotated texts of both collected and uncollected work from author's middle and late writing years (1958-1988), with commentaries on each of the five books, The Opening of the Field, Roots and Branches, Bending the Bow, and the two volumes of Ground Work.
- Author BiographyRobert Duncan (1919--1988) was a foremost figure in the San Francisco Renaissance and is considered one of the most accomplished and influential postwar American poets. He became a leading practitioner of nontraditional open form poetry, his later work shaped by ideas associated with Charles Olson and the Black Mountain School of poetry. During his lifetime, he published more than a dozen collections of poems, including those in this volume, which remain his best-known works. Peter Quartermain taught contemporary poetry and poetics at the University of British Columbia for over thirty years. He is the author of Basil Bunting, Poet of the North; Disjunctive Poetics: From Gertrude Stein and Louis Zukofsky to Susan Howe; and Stubborn Poetries: Poetic Facticity and the Avant-Garde. He is the editor of Robert Duncan's Collected Early Poems and Plays (UC Press).
- Author(s)Robert Duncan
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Collected Writings of Robert Duncan
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 b/w photograph
- Weight1398 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Edited byPeter Quartermain
- Introduction byPeter Quartermain
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.