All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.08
- £9.10Trending at £9.18
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how to produce consistent and accurate controllers that operate in the presence of uncertainties and unforeseen events. It details how to convert theoretically-based control algorithms into realistic real-world aerospace applications.
- Author BiographyEugene Lavretsky is a Boeing Senior Technical Fellow, at the Boeing Research & Technology in Huntington Beach, CA. During his career at Boeing, Dr. Lavretsky has developed flight control methods, tools and processes for transport aircraft, advanced unmanned aircraft, and weapon system programs. Highlights include the MD-11 aircraft, NASA F/A-18 Autonomous Formation Flight and High Speed Civil Transport aircraft, JDAM guided munitions, and X-45 J-UCAS. His research interests include robust and adaptive control, system identification and flight dynamics. He has written over 90 technical articles, and has taught control courses at the California Long Beach State University, Claremont Graduate University, California Institute of Technology, University of Missouri Science and Technology, and at the University of Southern California. Dr. Lavretsky is an Associate Fellow of AIAA and a Sr. Member of IEEE. He is the recipient of the AIAA Mechanics and Control of Flight Award, (2009). Kevin A. Wise is a Boeing Senior Technical Fellow, at the Boeing Phantom Works, Saint Louis, Missouri. During his career at Boeing, Dr. Wise has developed vehicle management systems, flight control systems, and control system design tools and processes for several advanced unmanned aircraft and weapon system programs. Highlights include the hydrogen-powered Phantom Eye High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE)UAV, Laser-JDAM (in production), X-45A J-UCAS, X-36 RESTORE, Miniaturized Munitions Technology Demonstrator, 4th Generation Ejection Seat (first ever supersonic ejection), JDAM (in production), Army Short Range UAV, and the HAVE SLICK missile. His research interests include intelligent autonomy, aircraft and missile dynamics and control, robust adaptive control, optimal control, and robustness theory. He has authored more than 70 technical articles, and has taught graduate level control theory since 1987 at Washington University in St. Louis, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and at the University of Missouri Science and Technology. Dr. Wise is a Fellow of the IEEE and an Associate Fellow of the AIAA. He is the recipient of the IFAC Control Engineering Practice Award, (2007), and the AIAA Mechanics and Control of Flight Award, (2004).
- Author(s)Eugene Lavretsky,Kevin A. Wise
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleAdvanced Textbooks in Control and Signal Processing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note132 black & white illustrations, 157 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight907 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.